(Content up to date for Beach Box 2023)
Zur Strandpromenade 2
D-02943 Boxberg / O.L.
There is a charging station for electric cars near the campsite.
The parking fee is 6€ per 24 hours in the area next to the tourist information.
- Station Klitten (recommended when traveling from Leipzig)
distance approx. 7km
- Station Weißwasser (recommended when traveling from Berlin)
distance approx. 25km
- Station Bautzen
distance approx. 32km
It is possible to travel from the train stations to the fields by public bus or using the Shuttle Service Lausitz. This company offers shuttle buses with 5 or 9 seats. It is recommended to reserve shuttle buses not later than May.
- From Klitten to Boxberg: ~20€
- From Weißwasser to Boxberg: ~35€
- From Bautzen to Boxberg: ~40€
- From Cottbus to Boxberg: ~70€
- From Berlin to Boxberg: ~200€
Here is a map of all bus connections
Bus line 70 (Weißwasser – Boxberg – Mücka)
On Friday: get off at station Boxberg (OL) Sparkasse; then it is a 15-minute walk to the campsite (approx. 1.3km)
On Saturday and Sunday: get off at station Boxberg (OL) Bärwalder See (right by the like)
From Klitten or Uhyst:
Bus line 76 (Mücka – Förstgen – Klitten – Boxberg – Uhyst)
Connections from Klitten
Connections from Uhyst
Attention! The bus line 76 is not in service on the weekend. For your departure you’ll have to take line 70 to Mücka. From there you can get to Leipzig by train.
You’ll have to change buses on this route (either take lines 503 and 76 or lines 501 and 70).
The lake Bärwalder See is located on the bike trail Spreeradweg. It is possible to reach this bike trail by train for instance from station Berlin (180 km north), Cottbus (55 km north) or Bautzen (30 km south).
Night’s rest on the campsite: 22:00 – 7:00.
The terms and conditions of Sternencamp apply.
The player’s fee with camping (55€, 45€ for junior players) permits you to pitch your tent for two nights (from Friday to Sunday) in designated areas of the Sternencamp campsite.
Non-playing visitors of age 7 and older will have to pay a camping fee of 20€ if they stay overnight (from Friday to Sunday).
Please park your cars outside of the campsite, near the tourist information (6€ per day).
Caravan & Glamping
It is possible to separately book caravan parking spaces (bring your own caravan) or glamping on the Sternencamp website.
If you do that, please ask for the player’s fee without camping (35€, 25€ for junior players) when registering for the tournament.
Please book sufficiently in advance, the campsite is typically fully booked during Summer. It is possible to cancel your booking free of charge 30 days in advance (more information here (in German)).
There is a bike rental on the campsite.
Dogs are allowed on the campsite.
More information regarding accommodation in the area can be obtained from the tourist information Boxberg/Oberlausitz:
- Phone: (+49) 3577 4489579
- Website: https://baerwalder-see.eu
School camp Reichwalde
The school camp Reichwalde ist can be reached from the lake by bike (~25 minutes, 7.3 km) or by car (~15 minutes, 8 km). There is a bike rental at the school camp.
- 8 bungalows for 4 people each
- 2 bungalows for 2 people each
- dorms with 10, 8, 6 or 2 beds
You must not bring pets to the school camp.
Please bring your own cutlery and plates. Our offers include:
- welcome drink on Friday night
- breakfast on Saturday and Sunday
- delicious vegan and vegetarian dinner from a local provider on Saturday night (straight from Upper Lusatia, yummy!)
Any food organised by the tournament will be available at the organisation tent by the beach.
During the day (up until at least 22:00), the beach bar Markise offers food and drinks right by the beach (only cash payment possible).
Additional food options
- “kiosk” in the main building of the campsite with drinks, snacks, cake, locally produced ice cream, etc. (only cash payment possible)
- supermarket “Lidl” in walking distance (~17 minutes, 1.4 km) from the campsite
- restaurant “Zum Findling” in walking distance (~10 minutes, 850 m) from the campsite
- restaurant “Lindenhof” in walking distance (~18 minutes, 1.5 km) from the campsite
Swimming in the lake
Swimming in the lake is permitted at your own risk.
We refer to the regulations of the municipality Boxberg/Oberlausitz (in German).
The local COVID 19 regulations of the municipality Boxberg/Oberlausitz and the state of Saxony (in German) apply.
Near the supermarket “Lidl” you can find an ATM hosted by Ostsächsische Sparkasse.